job opening - new entry sustainable farming project
National Beginning Farmer Technical Assistance Coordinator with CTI - New Entry Sustainble Farming Project, Lowell, MA (Nationwide)
• Conduct national planning, outreach, and technical assistance to emerging or developing beginning farmer training and incubator farm programs. In particular:
Recruit clients and engage national partners TA and community of practice (CoP) efforts.
Develop TA protocols in areas of Agricultural Business Planning Training, Strategic Planning, Fundraising for Incubator Programs, and Working with Limited Resource Farmers.
Establish a national TA request and referral system.
Develop a national webinar series on incubator farm program topics.
Develop a web-based national clearinghouse for farm incubator resources and support.
Develop case studies, success stories, and best practices reflecting effective organizational development by farm incubators.
Organize a multi-day Incubator Farm School and CoP national meeting.
Facilitate ongoing CoP strategies for beginning farmer program staff.
Document and evaluate program outputs and outcomes.
• Participate as part of a team to support the mission of New Entry and CTI’s Workforce Development Division
• Attend regular supervisory meetings
• Other duties as assigned.
• This position has supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BA in agriculture-related field required, 5 years of experience overseeing beginning farmer technical assistance programs at the national level may substitute for degree. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Prior experience in national outreach, beginning farmer training, and educational resource development is essential.
• Experience working with social media, web-based learning, and web resource development required.
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience required. Organizational development and cross-cultural experience helpful
• Candidate must possess skills and knowledge in multiple aspects of agriculture and farm business management gained through significant experience in training of beginning farmers.
• Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse ethnic and economic groups.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Self- directed and able to work well in a rapidly changing environment.
• Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficiency with standard computer software (MS Office, social media)
• Ability to travel nationally and access to reliable transportation required
• Flexible schedule needed, including evenings and weekends.
• Bi-lingual (English/Khmer, Spanish, or Portuguese), a plus
• A CORI background check is performed for all employees.
To apply: http://jobs.oriongrassroots.org/job/national-beginning-farmer-technical-assistance-lowell-ma-nationwide-cti-new-entry-sustainble-farming-914ebc40c6/?d=1&source=site_home