homegrown festival - ann arbor, MI
This weekend! Any greenhorns in Michigan going to the festival? We'd love to hear about it! they have a bicycle valet service. awesome.
The HomeGrown Festival celebrates local food and community and seeks to focus broad mainstream attention on the community-wide benefits (and pleasure!) of eating from our own foodshed.
September 12th, 5-10pm
Ann Arbor Farmers Market (315 Detroit Street)
This year’s Festival offers:
* Delicious, creative food: sourced from Michigan farms, made by some of our area’s best local chefs
* music from: Billy King, First Flight, Chris Buhalis, Ann Arbor Dub Project
* The Pioneer wine Trail and Michigan beer Garden Tent — new this year!
* Project Grow: heirloom tomato tasting
* chef demos: turning the season’s best produce into delicious meals
* kids’ activities: learn about bees, pressing cider, planting vegetables
* The “made in michigan” store
* culinary theatrix
* Listen to an hour-long preview that aired on WCBN-FM Ann Arbor.