Greenhorns, Get Your Crop Rotation Manual!
Crop Rotation Planning Manual Now Available for Pre-Sale
Crop Rotation on Organic Farms: A Planning Manual provides an in-depth review of the applications of crop rotation-including improving soil quality and health, and managing pests, diseases, and weeds. Consulting with expert organic farmers, the authors share rotation strategies that can be applied under various field conditions and with a wide range of crops.
Order now to take advantage of the pre-sale discount price of $16.80 plus s&h.
Published by the Natural Resource, Agriculture and Engineering Service (NRAES) and funded in part by SARE, the book includes instructions for making rotation planning maps and discusses the transition to organic farming. Other features include:
- Problems and opportunities for over 500 crop sequences
- Characteristics of more than 60 crops and 70 weeds
- Crop diseases hosted by over 80 weed species
- Modes of transmission for 250 diseases of 24 crops
- Thirteen sample four- and five-year vegetable and grain crop rotations
- Managing Crop Rotation Chart with key tasks & steps
- Sample worksheets and calculations
- Step-by-step procedure for determining crop rotation plans
Scheduled for release in July of 2009, Crop Rotation on Organic Farms will be a valuable resource for organic farmers, educators, students, and professional advisors interested in the do's, don'ts, how's, and why's of organic crop rotation. Although the manual will be most applicable for the Northeastern United States and Eastern Canada, it will also be useful in other parts of the U.S., Canada, and even Europe.
NRAES will take pre-print orders through June 15, 2009. The book will be available in July. The pre-print price for 1-24 copies is $16.80 per copy plus S&H and the pre-print price for 25 or more copies is $14.40 per copy plus S&H. The list price after printing is expected to be $24 per copy. (Standard quantity discounts will be available after printing; visit http://www.nraes.org for discount information.)