MOFGA's farmer to farmer conference
Every year farmers and other agricultural experts from Maine and beyond gather at MOFGA's Farmer to Farmer Conference to share their expertise about organic cultivation and marketing.
This year the conference takes place fromNovember 1 to 3 at Point Lookout in Northport. It includes tours of the draft-powered North Branch Farm in Monroe and Bahner Farm's mixed vegetable operation in Belmont.
Dan Brisebois will deliver the keynote address, "Integrating Seed Production into a Market Garden." Brisebois farms at Tourne-Sol Co-operative Farm in Quebec and co-authored "Crop Planning for Organic Vegetable Growers."
The core of the conference - two full days of educational workshops - maximizes peer-to-peer information sharing. More than 30 workshops are scheduled on topics ranging from farming with draft animals to learning the pros and cons of value-added food processing.
MOFGA's Farmer to Farmer Conference ...
- is known for its intimacy, in-depth treatment of topics and richly informative discussions
- is based on the idea that farmers learn best from their peers and other practitioners
- features prominent and accessible university faculty, extension educators and other agricultural professionals
- features a unique 3-hour workshop session format, half dedicated to talks by farmers and other agricultural professionals and half dedicated to a roundtable discussion that solicits and builds on the accumulated knowledge of the attending farmers
- serves delicious meals featuring local, organic food
- is a rare and wonderful opportunity to get off the farm and catch up with fellow farmers, especially during the 2-hour lunch breaks and evening social sessions
Learn a lot, eat well, share your expertise, make new friends and reconnect with old ones at the 2014 MOFGA Farmer to Farmer Conference!
For details on session descriptions, accommodations and scholarships and to register, visit http://mofga.org/Default.aspx? tabid=293.
To go straight to registration, visit
https://www.formstack.com/ forms/MOFGA-farmer_to_farmer_ registration__copy