← Back to news feed
head farmer job in patagonia, az
Posted: April 21 2016
Native Seeds/SEARCH Conservation Farm in Patagonia, AZ is looking for an operation technician to work as part of a professional team to create a sustainable farm for conserving precious seeds. This position is responsible for overseeing field preparation, cultivation, irrigation, and similar activities as needed, as well as the maintaining all farm equipment and structures.
- Prepare the fields and assist in field plot placement, planting, and harvesting of annual grow outs.
- Maintain and operate the irrigation systems. Monitor irrigation to assure adequate water availability for seed production and for perennial plantings.
- Cultivate and mow fields and non-field areas for weed management.
- Maintain records of cultivation, irrigation, weeding, and equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Oversee the installation, repair, and removal of materials and structures used on the farm for our annual seed grow out needs.
- Work with interns and volunteers as appropriate.
- Collaborate in the plan, design, and implementation of sustainable systems and practices on the farm.
- Represent NS/S in workshops and on farm tours as appropriate.
- Support the Farm Manager with supervision and training of interns and other staff.
To read more, click HERE