Grant Money From the Government.
Get used to it folks. The rules are changing and the loopholes which allowed wealthy people and corporations to give 'tax free' to non profit organizations are closing up. It seems like social activism will have to learn another model of accounting. And some of us are probably going to go work for the government.
From the National Sustainable Ag Coalition:
Reminders of Funding Availabilities: Last week we reported on four newly USDA requests for proposals for grant funding. A quick recap:
* Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program - Applications due May 13, 2009; nearly $18 million available. Look here for complete information.
* Farmers Market Promotion Program - Applications are due by April 27, 2009; nearly $5 million available. Look here for complete information.
* Rural Energy for America Energy Audit Grants - Applications due by June 9, 2009; nearly $2.5 million available. Look here for complete information.
* Agriculture and Food Research Initiative - Application due date varies by subprogram, ranging from April through August, 2009; over $200 million is available. Look here for complete information.
* Cooperative Conservation Partnership Initiative - Applications are due by April 23, 2009; over $50 million is available in project-based farmer conservation payments. Look here for complete information.