position at cooking school in shanagarry, county cork, ireland
Ballymaloe Cookery School is looking for a new staff member to join our team in a varied, exciting role. The successful applicant will be expected to be flexible, willing to pitch in wherever necessary, though they will have defined duties.
We are looking for someone who ideally has attended our 12 Week Certificate Course or a number of our short courses and therefore has an understanding of how the school works, its ethos and its staff. However any applicant will be considered.
This is a varied role consisting of
- some general office work including answering the telephone, dealing with queries and contacting potential students for bookings.
- Social Media participation. Taking an active interest in our presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and anything else that might arrive!
- Writing on our blog. We have lots and lots of things happening which need to be written about on our website.
- Some marketing duties selling cookery courses and team building packages.
- Getting out and about to take photographs of what is happening with the farm, gardens, students and staff.
- Dealing with Students and Members of the public in a hospitality role.
- Some evening events as needed.
We will be very interested in working with an applicant's prior experience to put it to full benefit.
Some of the following criteria would be helpful.
- Experience managing and communicating over multiple Social Media channels.
- Experience of general office administration.
- Some experience in a Marketing / Sales Role
- Proven ability to write and find different styles.
- Hospitality experience in Hotel or Restaurant.
- Experience working at an open estate where public are welcome
- Bachelor Degree or Similar.
- Some experience working in a kitchen
- Experience working in a horticultural environment
Ballymaloe Cookery School is a world class brand, teaching students from around the globe how to cook and how to treat the food they eat and produce for others with respect.
We are continuing to strengthen our position as a innovative and leading cookery school but also continue to branch out into other areas making the Ballymaloe Cookery School a must visit destination for anyone interested in Food who is travelling to Ireland.
Most likely you will need to already have visa to work in the EU before applying.
Help can be given to find accommodation in the area for the successful applicant.
Please send CV / Resume with cover letter explaining why you would be interested in the position to Toby at [email protected] or by return email.
We will try to respond to everyone who applies but may only be able to contact successful applicants.
Ballymaloe Cookery School