← Back to news feed
young farmer nights
Posted: March 27 2013
Just a reminder our next YFN is at the Urban Food Lab, 6pm, Tuesday, April 23!! 110 Mineral Spring Ave, Pawtucket.
Bring a potluck dish, and forward this invitation to anyone who might be interested!
Other upcoming events:
**Value Added Producer Grant application workshops - check out the attached flier! Three workshops coming up designed to teach farmers how to apply for VAPG funds, including time for one-on-one discussions with expert Nessa Richman.
**NRCS workshops - Come learn about funding available from the Natural Resource Conservation Service for things like high tunnels, irrigation systems, nutrient management plans, erosion control, etc. March 26 in Chepachet, April 6 in Middletown and April 9 in Ashaway. Flier attached, contact me for more info!
**Thursday, May 2 panel discussion on advocacy for farmers: More details to come.
YFN HOSTS STILL NEEDED!
If you would like to host a YFN, pick an unclaimed date below and let us know!!
- Tuesday, April 23: New Urban Farmers/Urban Food Lab, Pawtucket, RI
- **Thursday, May 2**: Farmer Advocacy panel discussion, cosponsored by BFN Mass at the Anawan Grange, Rehoboth, MA.
- Tuesday, May 14: Sidewalk Ends Farm, cosponsored by NOFA RI CRAFT, Providence, RI
- Thursday, May 23: Devon Point Farm: Veg & Flower CSA, all natural Beef, Pork, Poultry, Woodstock, CT
- Tuesday, June 4
- Thursday, June 20
- **Saturday, June 22**: Greenhorns Solstice Party in Essex, NY - details to come! We will organize ride shares!
- Tuesday, July 2
- Thursday, July 18
- Tuesday, July 30
- Thursday, August 15
- Tuesday, August 27: Scratch Farm: Seed Saving/Selling
- Thursday, September 12: Pat's Pastured, East Greenwich, RI
- Tuesday, September 24: City Farm, Providence, RI
- Thursday, October 10:
- Tuesday, October 22:
**For those of you who are not familiar with Young Farmer Nights, this is a chance to socialize with fellow farmers (and other interested folks), talk shop and learn all about our host farm (hosts rotate for each event, all farms in RI and SE Mass are encouraged to volunteer to host). The format is loose and informal, but you can generally count on a farm tour followed by a potluck, maybe a bonfire, music, and whatever other activities our hosts devise. YFN is always free, no registration needed, no membership dues, and all are welcome (the "Y" is for young at heart, not necessarily in years).**
Please get in touch if you have any questions, and join our group on Facebook!!
Find us on Facebook:
hudson, new york