vegetable farmer position in Illinois
We seek a farmer to manage a 3 acre Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm.
Responsibilities will include:
• develop a yearly fruit/vegetable growing plan
• plant, weed, water, and harvest produce
• expand the farm’s production from 3 to 5 acres
• advertise the farm and solicit annual shareholders
• manage weekly distribution and pickup for shareholders and donated produce
• oversee work of volunteers, seasonal interns, and community outreach programs
• work with farm board to develop responsible and realistic annual budget
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: At least 2 years full-time experience working on a Community Supported Agriculture farm or vegetable farm in the Midwest. Preference given to candidates who can show expertise and experience in converting traditional farmland into vegetable production and ability in developing a yearly growing plan, managing budgeted money, and achieving shareholder goals in marketing.
SOLA GRATIA FARM, LLC:
The Sola Gratia Farm is a Community Supported Agricultural organization dedicated to producing locally-grown, high-quality, natural foods. Responding to the Gospel, St. Matthew Lutheran Church is starting the farm as a commitment to helping those who lack adequate food resources by donating at least 10% of its produce to support regional hunger programs. The Farm promotes healthy living in our community through education, service and outreach programs.