training for beginning farmers in oregon
Who is Building Farmers in the West For?
- Farmers who want to start a market farm enterprise
- Farmers who have a market farm business but have farmed less than10 years
- Farmers who desire to improve their business management & marketing skills
- Farmers who would like to network closely with other market farm producers
- Farmers who recognize the need to plan carefully and develop a farm business plan
- Farmers who would like to market directly to consumers to chefs and to local wholesale or retail firms
How to Register
Fee: $150 per person for all eight sessions, which includes meals and materials.
Download and complete the application/registration form (which is a Word document), and email it to Bart Eleveld at [email protected].
Deadline: Applications must be received by March 22, 2011.
You will receive notice by email of receipt of your application.
Alternatively, you may print and mail a copy of the application form to:
Building Farmers Program
Ballard Extension Hall 213
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331-3601
All classes are held at Lane Community College (LCC) in the Boardroom (room 230), Eugene, OR. See map (On the map, room 230 is upstairs in Building 19, Center for Meeting and Learning.)
More info on their website.