← Back to news feed
the coffelt farm on orcas island is seeking a farmhand!
Posted: May 16 2018
The Coffelt Farm is an historic, diversified farm situated on 185 acres in pastoral Crow Valley. Farm operations include a certified raw milk dairy, a market garden, orchards, and a livestock operation which includes cattle, sheep, hogs, and poultry.
Here are the farmhand position details:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Helping care for all livestock, including, sheep, chickens, beef, dairy cows, and hogs
- Assisting with milking and bottling most days
- Assisting with harvest of livestock
- Helping to maintain facilities, equipment and tools
- Participating in on-site educational activities
- Participating in garden and orchard care
- Helping with various other seasonal work (haying, etc.)
- Farm-related work experience
- Strong commitment to the mission of the Coffelt Farm
- Positive attitude and willingness to work cooperatively and take direction
- Able to perform physical labor in all types of weather
- $800-1000/month stipend
- Basic housing (trailer)
- Produce, milk and eggs and some meals
Click HERE to visit their website and please contact Sara Joy at: [email protected] to apply.