Seasonal Gardening Position on acreage in Brookline, MA
SEASONAL GARDENING POSITION
Residential and private preschool property in Brookline, MA
30 hours per week, June 1 - Nov. 1, with opportunity to extend through December and return in March
Hourly pay, $19-$24 per hour, experience considered and raises offered
Pay frequency: monthly
Work in beautiful residential gardens on land farmed for a local CSA, and build your knowledge of plants and ecological landscaping. Landscape / Garden experience and horticultural / plant identification knowledge are a plus but not required, and resources are provided for your learning.
If you are interested in this position please email Martina Albright at [email protected] with a little bit about yourself along with a resume.
- Aptitude for physical labor including: ability to lift, push, and pull 50lbs; endurance to walk, stand, kneel, stoop, and bend over for long periods
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions
- Spoken English
- Self-motivated and good time management skills while working alone
- Interest in building relationships with owner of the property and employees of the school
- Ability to use or willingness to learn to use small power equipment (push mower, weed whacker, hedge trimmer)
- Background or experience in gardening, farming, landscaping, or other full time outdoor work desired but not required
- No college diploma required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of manual work involved in planting, caring for, and maintaining gardens, shrubs, flowers, trees, and other plants.
- Prunes trees and shrubs, plants and transplants flowers, cares for annual container plants.
- Performs watering, weeding, and fertilizing in an ecological way - no pesticide or herbicide use.
- Cares for and trims ornamental perennial beds; implements and cares for small veggie raised beds for preschool.
- Determines care needed by plants, trees, flowers, shrubs, and lawns; with guidance of supervisors.
- Performs related manual tasks such as cutting grass, raking, digging, and edging.
- Uses equipment and tools necessary to gardening work.