save the date: GMO-Free Europe 2010
Save the date: GMO Free Europe 2010, Brussels, 16-18 September 2010
6th European Conference of GMO-Free Regions in Brussels and Ghent - Call for Participation
2010 will be a decisive year for the future of GMOs in Europe. New approvals for the cultivation of GMOs and new legislative proposals by the European Commission are pending. With his approval of the first GMO for cultivation since 1998 the new Commissioner in charge, John Dalli, sent out a clear message about his intentions. GMO-Free Europe 2010 will send back an equally clear message and prepare for further action.
The GMO-Free movement has continuously expanded, increased and diversified all across Europe and well beyond. On September 16 at our session in the European Parliament we will present our demands to the public and to institutions in Brussels. For two days we will then retreat to Ghent for exchanging experiences, ideas and strategies, for discussing the challenges ahead and for preparing joint activities on GMOs as well as related issues.
We invite representatives from formal and informal GMO-free regions, GMO-free initiatives and activists on related issues from all over Europe. Breeders and seed exchangers, farmers, bee-keepers, gmo-free traders, processors and retailers as well as consumers, critical scientists and environmental activists are welcome. Interested in being a part of the planning and helping to determine the agenda? Contact us now! Check back frequently for updates on the program and registration!
* An organizing committee has started to work and is open for your suggestions
* We are especially interested to expand participation to grassroots activists on GMOs and related issues
* If you want to organise workshops, present ideas, share experiences please do contact us now
* If you can help with organisation (e.g. translation, web maintenance, outreach) please let us know
* The budget for the conference is not yet secured: We are urgently looking for co-sponsors and funders
* We therefore cannot make any commitments to fund travel expenses at this moment - but will try our best
* Participants fees will be 80 € for institutions and organisations and 50 € for small NGOs
Get ready - Get going - lets do it again!
c/o Save Our Seeds
Marienstr.19-20, 10117 Berlin, Germany
tel +49 30 27590309, fax +49 30 27590312