rooftop urban ag course
Click here to register.
Thursday, August 29, 2013
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
BLDG 92, Brooklyn Navy Yard
63 Flushing Ave. (at intersection of Carlton and Flushing)
Brooklyn, NY 11205
Learn about multiple approaches to growing food on rooftops through design, installation and maintenance principles, as well as case studies drawn from across North America. This course:
- Familiarizes participants with the diversity of physical applications of urban agriculture and the growing technologies that apply;
- Explores social, environmental and economic benefits;
- Describes governance, personnel and economic options;
- Examines the conditions that lead to a successful urban agriculture projects; and
- Identifies strategies for overcoming common challenges associated with rooftop farming.
Tuition is $199 USD, or $175 USD for GRHC members. Admission for the tour and lunch at Brooklyn Grange is $50.
Tuition includes an 85-page course manual.
Ben Flanner, Head Farmer, Brooklyn Grange