register now! for 2013 maine grain conference
2013 Maine Grain Conference / Commercial Production for New Small Grain Markets: Food, Organic Feed, and Seed
WHEN: Friday, March 1st, 2013
WHERE: Spectacular Events Center, Bangor (395 Griffin Rd., near the airport)
- Market Overview and Resources for Small Grain Farmers
- Converting a Potato Farm to Organic Grains – Markets, Infrastructure, Rotations, Production, and Processing
- Producing Food Quality Grains – Rotation, Fertility, and Disease
- Managing Problem Weeds in Organic Grains
- Seed Laws and Certification
- Sourcing and Producing Quality Seed
- See attached Agenda for more details on Speakers and Topics
Pre-registration is required - $15 includes morning snack and lunch. To register online visit: http://umaine.edu/agriculture/2013-maine-grain-workshop/
1 pesticide credit and 6 CCA will be available.
To register by phone and pay by check call Meghan Dill, (207) 581-3878. Other questions call Ellen Mallory, UMaine Cooperative Extension, 207-581-2942.