our friends over at grow food are making a short film
and they are casting!
Independent producer Annabel Seymour, from BreakThru Films (The Devil Came on Horseback, The Trials of Darryl Hunt), is casting for a GrowFood documentary series. She'd like to cast a few folks who travel from farm to farm—people with diverse stories and perspectives to show a well-rounded view of the nomadic organic farming experience. If you are interested, please email Annabel at [email protected].
Please include the following:
- A short description of yourself (attach a photo if you like)
- Why did you decide to sign up with the GrowFood site?
- What do you hope to get out of working on an organic farm?
Please, feel free to be creative! BreakThru is looking for unique stories and the potential for an engaging journey to film.
Be advised that by sending us your stories you are accepting the terms and conditions of the release provided below:
BREAK THRU FILMS - SUBMISSION RELEASE
30 West 26th Street
New York, NY 10010 USA
IDEA SUBMISSION POLICY AND AGREEEMENT
You have an idea or ideas which you think may be of interest to Break Thru Films ("BTF”).
While BTF is anxious to take every opportunity to improve and expand
its development slate, BTF has found certain precautions necessary in receiving unsolicited ideas and
suggestions submitted to it in order to avoid any misunderstandings as to what are the rights and
obligations of BTF with respect to such submissions. BTF will receive and consider submitted
ideas and suggestions only if the submitter is willing to agree that the submission of ideas shall
be subject to the following:
1. OWNER OF NEW IDEA. BTF will receive only submitted material that is embodied in
written form. BTF will consider your submission only at your request and only with your
assurance that to the best of your knowledge you are the sole originator of the idea, the experience and
that you have the legal right to submit it to BTF for its evaluation.
2. DISCLOSURE NOT CONFIDENTIAL. You acknowledge that BTF may disclose the
idea to its employees, and possibly to others, to determine the idea’s value to BTF. It is
understood that no confidential relationship is entered into by any reason of the
consideration of your submission to BTF or by reason of any oral discussions between BTF
3. CONCEPTION BY BTF. BTF and its employees develop many ideas of their own for the
development of programs, some of which may be similar to yours. An idea that is new to
you may be old to BTF, or similar or identical ideas may be conceived independently.
Accordingly, you hereby waive any claim that BTF misappropriated any ideas in or
portions of your submission in any activities in which BTF may engage in the future.
4. SUBMISSION NOT RETURNED. BTF does not assume any obligation to return any
submitted materials to you. Therefore, you should keep a duplicate of any material
submitted, as well as a copy of this Agreement.
5. NO PREJUDICE. Any consideration of the submitted idea(s) or negotiations to purchase
it (or them) does not waive BTF's right to contest the validity of your copyrights,
trademark, or other intellectual property rights in such submissions.
6. NO COMPENSATION. No agreement for compensation shall be implied from BTF's
consideration or review of your submitted idea. However, should BTF elect to use any
portion of your idea that is legally protectable, you and BTFshall negotiate appropriate
compensation to you in good faith.
7. MODIFICATION. The foregoing conditions may not be modified or waived except in a
writing signed by an officer of BTF.
8. TERM. This Agreement shall be valid for a period of ten (10) years from the date of
signature and shall apply to any further ideas submitted by you to BTF during such Term.
9. HEADINGS. The titles of the paragraphs of this document are for convenience only and
are not intended to affect the interpretation of the actual terms and conditions of this
I HAVE READ THE IDEA SUBMISSION POLICY AND AGREEMENT, AND BY SUBMITTING MY IDEAS TO BTF I AGREE TO THE CONDITIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.