Learn About Mobile Poultry Processing
Mobile Poultry Processing Unit Training & Field Day
Training Partners include: New Entry Sustainable Farming Project, New England Small Farm Institute, Mass Dept of Agricultural Resources, Mass Dept of Environmental Protection, and Mass Dept of Public Health
DATE: Friday, May 29th
TIME: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
LOCATION: New England Small Farm Institute - 275 Jackson Street, Belchertown, MA
$ 35 registration fee includes lunch and resource materials.
Pre-register before May 26th by completing a registration form. Please make checks for $35 payable to: Community Teamwork, Inc. and return completed registration form to: New Entry Sustainable Farming Project, 9 Central Street, Suite 402, Lowell, MA 01852. You may also email completed registration form to: [email protected]
This training is targeted to farmers who wish to commercially raise and sell poultry to direct markets. For more information on the MPPU project, visit New Entry's website.
Classroom Training (9:30 - noon) Includes:
* Federal/State/Local Poultry Processing Regulations
* Sanitation and Food Safety Procedures
* Solid Waste and Wastewater Handling
* Flock Health Certification
* MPPU Slaughter License application process
* Equipment & on-farm infrastructure needed to process poultry
* Humane processing
* 2009 MPPU Fees and Rental Policy
Field-Based Training (1 - 4:30 pm) Includes:
* Pre-MPPU arrival procedures
* MPPU installation and setup on farm
* Pre-process sanitation of MPPU
* HACCP Record-Keeping logs
* Poultry Processing Demonstration and Practical Skills (this will be hands-on)
* Composting waste and water
* Packaging and Labeling
* Post-Operations sanitation and record-keeping requirements
For questions about this training or the MPPU project, please contact Jennifer Hashley, 617-636-3793 or by email at: [email protected]
This MPPU training is funded through a grant from the Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program of USDA.
To keep current on New Entry Sustainable Farming Project's programs and services OR for more on the MPPU project and other livestock-related trainings...
Join Our Mailing List!
You can select which topic areas interest you most and customize your e-list subscription.
New Entry Sustainable Farming Project
9 Central Street, Suite 402
Lowell, Massachusetts 01852
Visit us on the web at: www.nesfp.org
Email: [email protected]