job opening: field manager at new morning farm pa.
New Morning Farm are looking for an experienced Field Manager, who will be responsible for equipment, soils, crop establishment, etc. The successful candidate will work with a great team, the best equipment, excellent soils and incredible markets. This is the perfect opportunity that will allow you to see how your own decisions and efforts can result in high-quality, profitable, organic crops. The salary is $33-36K to start, plus profit share. This position is ideally a long term position that may include the possibility of work-to-own.
- Applying amendments, tillage, plastic laying, bare ground, and stale bed preparation
- Operating and maintaining 50-70hp tractors, vacuum seeder, 2 types of transplanters, bed shaper/plastic layer, manure spreader, rotavators, etc.
- General maintenance and repair of buildings and vehicles, general facility and familiarity with tools and welding helpful
- Crop establishment including seeding, transplanting, and cover crop planting
- Record-keeping to meet requirements of organic certification, including soil amendment, planting, transplanting, and maintenance
- Training and supervision of others in the operation of various tractors, implements, vehicles and other equipment
- Work closely with farm manager and owners in establishing seasonal and longer-term strategies for crops, soil, and equipment
New morning farm also offer a number of apprenticeships each year, click HERE to read more about their apprenticeship programme, applications will be processed this month so don't leave it too long to apply!!
Please email [email protected], if you are interested in applying.