← Back to news feed
grow your farm skills!
Posted: September 15 2014
from the comfort of your own home.
The Cornell Small Farms Program and Cornell Cooperative Extension offer a menu of 12 online courses each Fall and Winter to help farmers develop their businesses. These 5- to 7-week online courses cost $200 total for up to 4 members of the same farm to attend. They are an amazing opportunity to discover new resources, build your farm plan, hear from successful farmers, and develop a support network of peers. Courses consist of a weekly real-time webinar followed by readings, discussion forums, and homework on your own time.
Students successfully completing a course are eligible to receive a 0% interest loan of up to $10,000 through Kiva Zip!
- Business Planning: Writing Your Business Plan, BF 202, starts Sept 25
- Poultry Production: Profiting from Layers, Broilers, Turkeys and Ducks, BF 130, starts Oct 15
- Soil Health: Investing in the Vitality of Your Farm, BF 110, starts Oct 16
- Starting at Square One - Creating a Farm to Match Your Values, Goals, Skills, and Resources, BF 101, starts Oct. 13
- Berry Production: Getting Started with Production and Marketing, BF 122, starts Nov. 6
Learn which courses would be best for you, read about our team of experienced instructors, see answers to Frequently Asked Questions, and view the calendar of course offerings for 2013-2014.