farmlink 101:everett WSU
FarmLink 101: A Starting Point for Aspiring & Beginning Farmers
Tuesday, August 21, 2012; 7:00 - 9:00 pm @ WSU Snohomish County Extension, Cougar Auditorium (Everett, WA)
Free workshop. Registration required at: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/263272
This workshop will give you a foundation for taking the next step, connect you to resources, farm networks, and ideas, and arm you with some "ground" rules and knowledge. Aspiring and beginning farmers of all ages and backgrounds are invited to attend.
This workshop will focus on:
• Where to start if you want to be a farmer or find farmland
• Options for obtaining farmland by lease, partnership, purchase, and other innovative transfer models
• Resources for internships and apprenticeships, business planning, production ideas, and funding
• WSU Cultivating Success Programs as well as other workshops, farm tours, and sustainable farming conferences
• Mary Embleton, Executive Director, Cascade Harvest Coalition & WA FarmLink
• Sarah Wilcox, Program Manager, WA FarmLink
• WSU Snohomish County Extension Faculty, WSU Cultivating Success Program
This workshop is sponsored by Cascade Harvest Coalition/WA FarmLink with a grant from the USDA Beginning Farmer Rancher Development Program. Many thanks to workshop hosts, WSU Snohomish County Extension.
Washington FarmLink helps ensure that working farms remain in agricultural production and facilitates the transition of farms to the next generation. FarmLink focuses on connecting aspiring farmers and current landowners to each other and to resources, providing services such as:
- farmer/landowner matching;
- educational workshops;
- a comprehensive one-stop resource center; and
- one-on-one assistance.
Washington FarmLink is a program of Cascade Harvest Coalition, a non-profit that connects farmers to farmers, eaters, and markets. To learn more visit, www.cascadeharvest.org
Questions? Contact Sarah Wilcox at [email protected] or (206) 632-0606.