farming opportunities in wa state
There have been a string of new farming opportunies in Washington State. Read below for more info on each.
Farmer wanted. Nettles Farm, established in 1993, and located on Lummi Island, WA, is seeking a farmer/farm manager for full time work for the
2010 season. Nettles Farm is a vegetable and poultry farm that grows for our restaurant and inn, The Willows Inn. We have two 100 X 25 hoophouses, and farm 2.5 acres. Our farmer works closely with the Willows Inn chef, and is responsible for all aspects of the vegetable and egg production from seed to delivery. Working conditions are beautiful and quiet. On site living space included. Our season begins February 1st, and ends October 30. Farmer will talk with tourists from the inn periodically throughout the season. Experience growing vegetables and managing a small farm is a must. To understand more fully what we do, check our websites: www.nettlesfarm.com and www.willows-inn.com
Contact [email protected]
Kamilche Farm is looking for a Farm Manager/Farm Business Owner for the 2011 growing season.
- Looking for someone to take over a small organically grown (not certified) farm business in Kamilche / Shelton, Wa 8-10 mi north of Olympia off Hwy 101.
- 10,000 total sq feet of growing space! 4,500 indoor and 5,500 outdoor.
- All raised beds with weed barrier cloth underneath to prevent weeds
- Irrigation system throughout most of the greenhouses coming from the property well
- First year greenhouses (4 total plus propagation house)
- Completed business plan available.
- Established markets.
- Next to organic soil business that provides HIGH nutrient rich soil.
- RV space available on property.
- Must rent the property and greenhouses from landowner.
If interested or have any questions, call Mellissa @ 360-359-0325
Skamokawa, WA 98647
40 tillable acres, 40 acres in timber and wild forage, and equipment for lease at cost of property taxes. Start up loan may be available. 2-bedroom house potentially available at around $500/mo.
Operations must be chemical free and humane (in case of livestock).