farm job at hawthorne valley
Hudson Valley greenhorns - this one's for you.
Hawthorne Valley Farm Vegetable Washer and Quality Control Coordinator
The Farm seeks a part-time person to wash and sort vegetables that come in from the fields. This position has the responsibility of ensuring high quality control standards for farm vegetables that go to CSA members, the Green Market, the Farm Store and the Visiting Student’s Program. A high volume of vegetables passes through the vegetable wash room; as such, working efficiently is a must to ensure satisfied customers.
This part-time position is for three full days, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and is seasonal, from May 29 through to November 2.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• work as part of the farm team with good communication skills
• organize work flow efficiently
• work independently, with training and frequent check-ins with the farmers
• lift 50 pounds on occasion and stand for the whole day’s work
• record the passage of vegetables through the wash station, using
excellent counting skills
The compensation is $300 per week. We are an EOE. Please send resume and inquiries to Katy at [email protected] . No phone calls, please.