farm camp head cook - claryville, NY
Still looking for summer work? Here's an opportunity at Frost Valley YMCA , which has a wonderful summer farm camp.
This position is responsible for preparing, serving, and cleaning up after meals for up to 75 at the Frost Valley Farm Camp. This farm based camp has activities including gardening and animal classes, hiking, swimming, boating, archery, camp fires, cooking, arts and crafts, group games, and team building.
- Ordering food and menu planning
- Planning overall kitchen staffing schedule
- Preparation of nutritionally balanced kid friendly meals
- Ability to cook with fresh ingredients from the garden
- Ability to cook vegetarian, vegan and other special diets
- Clean up of kitchen after meals (washing pots and pans, mopping floor, cleaning surfaces and stove, etc.)
- Maintain a friendly, cooperative, and professional relationship with other staff
- Actively help out in other areas when needed
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 21 years of age by June 28, 2010.
- Desire to work with children
- Ability and desire to be part of a team
- June 20-August 20, 2009
- $400+ per week DOE
- Room & board
Reports to: Farm Camp Director
For more information please contact John Chartier. E-mail: [email protected], phone 845.985.0510