conservation stewardship program
if you're part of an organization you can sign on to this letter to Secretary Vilsack from the National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition.
Please consider adding your organization’s name to our letter urging Secretary Vilsack to make critical improvements to the Conservation Stewardship Program and to initiate a 2010 Sign up as soon as possible.
The letter urges Secretary Vilsack to:
• ensure that the program effectively rewards sustainable and organic farming systems
• base CSP points and payments on environmental outcomes rather than on when a practice was adopted
• provide a minimum CSP payment for small farms
• better define a resource conserving crop rotation to ensure high environmental standards
• reinstate incentives for the transition of cropland to pasture based production
Deadline COB March 10th.
Click HERE to sign on and read the full letter.