can big food embrace sustainable ag?
A Panel Discussion - 12/8/09
The sustainability of large-scale agriculture is increasingly being called into question. Food manufacturers and agribusinesses catering to global food markets are being challenged by the rising demand for sustainably grown food. What material impact will this have for the food sector?
The discussion will explore what companies are doing to drive profitability while navigating the challenges of agricultural sustainability.
- Michael Doane, Agricultural Economics and Sustainability, Monsanto
- Ani Gulati, Assistant General Counsel and Sustainability, General Mills
- Chip Jones, SVP Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, Dean Foods
- Jake Baker, Climate Change Investment Research, Deutsche Bank
- Tensie Whelan, President, Rainforest Alliance
- Josh Viertel, President, Slow Food USA
- Linda-Eling Lee, Sustainability Research, RiskMetrics Group
|Date & Time:
December 8, 2009
6:30pm - Panel Discussions
8:00pm - Reception
One Chase Manhattan Plaza, 44th Fl.
New York, NY
Please email advance questions for the panelists to [email protected].