biodynamic farmer field days
Join the Demeter Biodynamic Trade Association (DBTA) to find out more about the Demeter USA Biodynamic ® standards and practices and how they relate to NOP organic
Download the flyer (PDF format)
Held in collaboration with the Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association, Demeter USA, the Demeter Biodynamic Trade Association, and the Josephine Porter Institute for Applied Biodynamics, Inc.
These field days will be ideal for:
- Demeter certified Biodynamic farms wishing to increase sales
- Non-certified CSAs hoping to expand membership
- NOP organic certified diverse vegetable farms looking for a new market
Participants will also be provided with written Demeter Standards, along with other Biodynamic resources, in CD form to take home.
Learn more about:
- Biodiversity, integrating hedgerows, insectaries, animals, etc. into a whole farm organism
- Soil fertility management, including restricted materials, composting definitions (source materials, preparations, etc.), maximum allowed fertility rates, livestock requirements, and prohibited fertility and feed materials
- Biodynamic preparations introduction and application methods
- Crop protection and preventative management practices, with an overview of restricted material
- And more...come with questions!
Regional field days on Demeter certified Biodynamic farms in California:
- Mendocino County: Mendocino Organics, northern Mendocino, October 20
- Mendocino County: The Apple Farm, Philo, October 21
- Central Coast: The Grain Farm, Paso Robles, November 3
- Central Valley: Marian Farms, Fresno, November 4
- Southern California: Beck Grove, Fallbrook, November 17
- Napa Valley: Grgich Hills American Canyon Vineyard, November 17
Cost is $15.00
To register: Call the Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association at (888) 516-7797 (Alison, ext. 3)