Drink a beer, then fill it out.
Or a cup of coffee, if you're reading this in the morning. It'll help out the Northeast Beginning Farmers Project.
We are proud to announce that the Beginning Farmer Barrier Id Survey – Phase 2 has finally opened! Would you please help us reach aspiring and beginning farmers, and beginning farmer service providers by:
- Sharing this press release widely with your contacts
- Printing surveys to share with farmers at your field days and conferences (we need to reach over 400 farmers in the Northeast USA) and sending them back to our office. Survey documents for aspiring, beginning farmers, and service providers are attached.
- Including the survey link https://cornell.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_e5s9Jknd8dj43IM in your newsletters, list serve blasts, social media outreach, and event brochures
- Supporting the survey by taking it yourself!
- Our survey includes questions for aspiring farmers, this includes youth as young as 10! Don’t forget to share this survey with your local 4H, FFA, ag ed teacher, or other youth outreach program manager.
The information gathered in this (and Phase 1) of the Beginning Farmer Barrier ID survey will be freely shared with beginning farmer service organizations throughout the nation, and will help YOU inform future programs, grant applications, and events. More information about the Northeast Beginning Farmer Project and our work is available at http://nebeginningfarmers.org/