We have multiple sail freight projects that we’ve organized or supported, including Maine Sail Freight, Vermont Sail Freight, and Caribbean Sail Freight. Maine Sail Freight is a project of the Greenhorns and is part of our work to support farmers and a diversity of collaborators with a commitment to the rebuilding of rural economies through sustainable agriculture, small business entrepreneurship, and teamwork.
Press & Media:
- Maine products sail into Boston, Boston Globe feature
- WBUR: Schooner Delivers Maine Produce To Boston Harbor The Old-Fashioned Way
- Maine-made farm goods soon will wind their way to Boston by schooner, Portland Press Herald article
- Video from Bangor Daily News
- Boston Magazine
- Op Ed from Working Waterfront Magazine
- Shipping up to Boston: Farm activists transport Maine goods by sail
- WERU Community Radio, BoatTalk
- Schooner Loaded with 11 Tons of Local Food to Set Sail for Boston
- Farmers Market on a Boat, Maine Today
- Maine Sail Freight offers new way to think about trade, Island Institute
This is a story about a group of young farmers staging a pageant-like protest about the terms of trade in our agricultural economy, and the nature of transportation and exchange within that model.