Greenhorns presents: Wild fruit vinega! Making Apple cider vinegar on a homestead scale.
October 13 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$100
Half day session at the Pembroke Reversing Hall
Workshop will include:
– Making apple cider vinegar for your own use. We’ll be Gathering wild + heirloom Apples.
– Tasting varieties and learning how the different flavor profiles impact flavor outcome in cider, generating a ‘data sheet’ on the prolific trees in the area.
– Pressing- best sanitation practices, relevant rules.
– Fermenting- materials provided, space provided, you will end up with your own carboy of vinegar. We will go through value added, fire cider, vinaigrette, herbal vinegar etc.
– Other considerations, labels, sales rules, MOFGA etc.
Course costs sliding scale $50- $100 (includes the glass carboy), scholarships available.