Just a reminder that our next YFN is TOMORROW! All are welcome – don’t let the “Young” part of “Young Farmer Night” keep you away!!
We will be meeting at 6pm at the Anawan Grange, 118 Bay State Rd, Rehoboth, MA. There will be a meet & greet, potluck, and panel discussion featuring folks involved with organizations such as the Farm Bureau, RI Agricultural Partnership, National Young Farmers’ Coalition and the New England Farmers’ Union. Please bring a potluck dish to share and your own plate & fork!
Rides needed from Boston and Berkley, MA
Rides offered from South County (leaving from Richmond, RI) and Providence
Reply to this email and post on the Facebook page if you need a ride or have one to offer!
Hope to see you all there!
-Becca, Margiana & Tess
COMPLETE YFN 2013 SCHEDULE
- Thursday, May 2: Farmer Advocacy panel discussion, cosponsored by BFN Mass at the Anawan Grange, Rehoboth, MA
- Thursday, May 23: Devon Point Farm: Veg & Flower CSA, all natural Beef, Pork, Poultry, Woodstock, CT
- Tuesday, June 4: Sidewalk Ends Farm, cosponsored by NOFA RI CRAFT Workshop, Providence, RI
- Thursday, June 20: Brix Bounty, Dartmouth, MA
- **Saturday, June 22**: Greenhorns Solstice Party in Essex, NY – details to come! We will organize ride shares!
- Tuesday, July 2: Buckle Farm, Dighton, MA
- Thursday, July 18: Pasture To Plate
- Tuesday, July 30: Ready Farm, Charlestown, RI
- Thursday, August 15: Sustainable Aquidneck and Garman Organic Farms at Island Community Farms, Middletown, RI
- Tuesday, August 27: Scratch Farm: Seed Saving/Selling CRAFT Workshop, co-sponsored by NOFA RI
- Thursday, September 12: Pat’s Pastured, East Greenwich, RI
- Tuesday, September 24: City Farm, Providence, RI
- Thursday, October 10: Freedom Food Farm
- Tuesday, October 22: Chicken Processing Training w/Pat’s Pastured, at Windmist Farm, Jamestown, RI
**For those of you who are not familiar with Young Farmer Nights, this is a chance to socialize with fellow farmers (and other interested folks), talk shop and learn all about our host farm (hosts rotate for each event, all farms in RI and SE Mass are encouraged to volunteer to host). The format is loose and informal, but you can generally count on a farm tour followed by a potluck, maybe a bonfire, music, and whatever other activities our hosts devise. YFN is always free, no registration needed, no membership dues, and all are welcome (the “Y” is for young at heart, not necessarily in years).**