seems like this might turn out to be a cherry moment for organizers.
The National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition is seeking a full-time Grassroots Organizer to work on our 2012 Farm Bill Campaign. NSAC is a grassroots alliance of farm, faith, and conservation groups. Our 80 member organizations work to advance federal policies that support small and mid-size family farms, sustainable and organic agriculture, and promote economically vibrant rural communities. The Grassroots Organizer will assist the NSAC Grassroots Advocacy and Outreach Coordinator with alert coordination, media, and member mobilization and capacity building to advance the NSAC 2012 Farm Bill platform.
We are especially interested in candidates with:
- On and offline organizing experience; experience with Wired for Change/SALSA, Google Analytics and social media a big plus
- A passion for sustainable agriculture, family farms, and rural places
- Background in or capacity to quickly grasp complex federal farm policy matters
- Patience to work with supporter, donor, and media databases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; blogging experience a plus
- Experience organizing meetings and fly-ins
This is a yearlong position based in Randolph, Vermont a town of 5,000 in Central Vermont. The position will pay a stipend but will not include benefits. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and at least two reference letters to Annette Higby, NSAC Grassroots Advocacy and Outreach Coordinator atAnnette@sustainableagriculture.net.