I’d apply for it myself except that I’m already so slammed with Greenhorns. – Severine
*WORK FOR NOFA-NY!
POSITION RE-POSTED!!! APPLICANTS FROM FIRST POSTING ENCOURAGED TO RE-APPLY*
*EDUCATION AND OUTREACH COORDINATOR*
The Northeast Organic Farming Association of New York (NOFA-NY) is the
oldest and largest organization in New York devoted to organic and
sustainable farming and gardening, and counts over 1100 farms among its
2200 members of farmers, gardeners, and eaters.
We are seeking an Education and Outreach Coordinator to work with the
Executive Director and other staff to lead the organization’s farmer,
gardener, consumer, and small business educational initiatives including
the annual conference, field day series, and general education and
The position requires a self-starter who has a background in and/or
experience in organic farming, event planning experience, and excellent
organizational skills. The person must be passionate and knowledgeable
about organic farming and gardening and have staff management
experience. The Education and Outreach Coordinator is based in the new
NOFA-NY office in Rochester, NY and reports to the Executive Director.
· In coordination with the Executive Director and policy committee, sets
annual education and outreach goals, develops strategies, and
coordinates initiatives to meet these objectives.
· Coordinates all details for the annual NOFA-NY winter conference for
1,000+ attendees. Organizes over 80 workshops covering 10 interest
tracks, coordinates the trade show, manages conference program ad
listings, coordinates the silent auction, creates conference ads and
manages the publicity, coordinates volunteers, etc. Manages the
conference budget and conference staff.
· Coordinates all details for the NOFA-NY field day series across NYS.
Organizes over 25 diverse field days in all regions of NYS, and is
responsible for expanding the series to be year-round. Coordinates
volunteers to help staff field days and manages event publicity.
· Provides some technical assistance to farmers and gardeners through
phone and email.
· Manages general organizational education outreach to public. Helps
coordinate volunteers to support outreach efforts.
· Works with Assistant Director to create education and outreach
materials for the speakers bureau.
· Notifies membership of educational events via the newsletter, e-news,
listserves, and website.
· Occasional public speaking.
· In coordination with the Executive Director, hires and trains
education and outreach staff and ensures that individual performance
goals are met.
· Assists in writing grants to support education and outreach work.
*Competitive salary, dependent on experience. We offer a full benefits
package that includes 100% employer-paid medical insurance, 50%
employer-paid dental insurance, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
· Knowledge: Extensive knowledge of organic and sustainable agriculture
and the educational needs of farmers and gardeners. Experience: Organic
farming, event planning, and working with volunteers.
· Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong
interpersonal, supervisory, planning, and training skills; excellent
organizational skills; strong computer skills required; familiarity with
database programs helpful, graphic design interest helpful, Spanish
language skills helpful.
· Capabilities: High energy and enthusiasm. Ability to work well with a
wide range of people, work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks at
once, and adapt to changing situations on a daily basis.
· Conditions: Strong interest in and commitment to promoting the goals
of NOFA-NY. Some statewide travel required.
*How to Apply *