is still accepting applications for two administrative internships for the 2010 season
– Live in the beautiful setting that is OAEC!
– Participate in our work and take courses!
– Experience a thriving intentional community!
2010 OAEC Internship Openings
The interns work 25 hrs/week in exchange for a cozy place to live, a subsidy on our food share program (intern pays half of food cost), use of all the facilities on-site, and free participation in OAEC classes/workshops, on a standby basis. The interns take part in the community cooking and chore rotations. Each community member cooks dinner once every two weeks, in contribution to our community dinner schedule.
We are seeking people with some office and administrative experience and a desire to learn more about running a non-profit organization. Comfort with Macintosh computers is essential, and you will need to know or learn Filemaker Pro, Excel, Word, and QuickBooks. Attention to detail is critical, as is the ability to do multiple tasks and follow through on assignments with little supervision. Typical tasks include but aren’t limited to:
· Clerical work (light bookkeeping, filing, database entry and management)
·Information dissemination (responding to phone, mail, and email inquires, greeting visitors, posting flyers about upcoming events, coordinating mailings, etc.)
· General program support (working with course instructors on outreach and course planning, mailing registration packets to course participants, logistics planning, etc.)
· Assistance with publicity, public relations, and development of outreach materials
The majority of work time is during weekdays – most scheduled, but some flexible. The 6-month position begins May 1st and the 12.5 -month position begins April 1st.
Send a cover letter and résumé to Philip Tymon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The internships are open until filled.
If you would like more information about OAEC before submitting an application, feel free to visit our website (www.oaec.org/internships) or call our office, 707.874.1557 ext. 201.