The Fashion Show/Bake Sale was a great hit. And according to style.com, bike flags just may be the new trend. Almost.
Kerry Trueman wrote a lovely piece about it all on the Huffington Post: Farmers + Fashionistas = Sex and the Country?
Definitely worth a read. In the meantime, here is the recipe for the Nut Meringue Squares!
1/2 cup Organic Valley butter
1 cup sugar
1 beaten egg
1 tbsp Organic Valley cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
cinnamon, nutmeg, mace, lemon and/or orange zest(optional)
1+ half cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 egg white
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Cream butter, sugar, egg, cream, 1/2 tsp vanilla and optional spices.
2. Sift flour, salt & baking powder.
3. Fold the creamed and sifted ingredients together, blending well; and spread into a buttered 9″x9″ baking pan.
4. Beat egg-white stiff; add brown sugar, remaining 1/2 tsp vanilla and continue to beat together one minute more, then spread evenly over batter to cover completely.
5. Sprinkle meringue with walnuts.
Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes, cut into squares (or fingers) while warm.